Testing & Analysis
There’s No Replacement For Nearly A Century Of Experience.
We offer all of our customers basic design support free of charge. Our strategy here is simple, to use our experience to help you see impending red flags before they occur. Examples of these services include:
- Types of support we offer:
- Pump Type – Best Fit for the Application (Fixed or Variable Displacement, Vane, Gerotor, Spur Gear, other).
- Gear Design – Displacement, geometry, etc.
- Porting Design: Unidirectional, reversing, high speed, etc.
- Internal Clearances: Axial, Journal, Gear, etc.
- Material Selection: Wear resistance, thermal expansion, etc.
We offer several more advanced analysis services for “virtual” testing a product prior to prototype fabrication or serial production. Finding problems during the early stages of a program saves money later.
- Basic analysis services offered free of charge include:
- Pump power draw as a function of internal clearances, fluid type, speed, pressure, & temperature.
- Flow ripple predictions.
- Basic cavitation prediction.
- Advanced analysis services include:
- FEA (component or assembly level, gear, shaft, housing).
- CFD (performance, flow and pressure ripple, aeration, cavitation, temp rise, resonance, other).
Major automotive OEMs from all around the world have contracted our testing services to support both their R&D efforts and their product development and validation testing. Odds are, if you need it, we can do it. Examples include:
- Examples include:
- In field engine lube & transmission flow analysis.
- Pump performance & mapping services.
- Regulation valve characterization.
- Cold start testing.
- Effect of inlet restrictions & altitude on pump performance.
- Contamination resistance testing.
- Spring fatigue testing.
- Journal bearing limit testing.
- Cyclic & steady state endurance testing.
- Resonance Identification and Dwell.
- Sine, Random, & Sine on Random Vibration Testing
- Sound Power Level, Pressure Ripple